Sullivan Middle School
Before and After School Program
Director: Jannet Villareal
Sullivan Middle School Before and After School Program (BASP) is located in Room 8. You can reach Room 8 by dialing 1-760-631-5209 ext. 1308.
6:00am - 7:30am Monday - Thursday
2:45pm - 6:00pm Monday - Thursday
1:15pm - 6:00pm Friday
SMS BASP fees schedule is a flat rate and you may use days at your convenience. Your student is not obligated to attend every day, but the fee will not change if you use less days.
- $175/month (August, December and June are a flat $125) for unlimited AM/PM use or PM only usage.
- $65/month for AM only usage (6-7:45 am)
- $65/month for BHS Siblings PM (2:45-4pm and 1:15-2:15pm on Friday)
- This option is for middle school students waiting for high school siblings. For 75 minutes, your student will receive homework support, snacks and supervision. Students may not remain on campus during this time without supervision from BASP staff.
- A Late Fee of $30 will be assessed for any student picked up AFTER 6 pm. Please avoid this fee by making arrangements to pick up your student prior to 6:00 pm.
- Payment is due on the 1st of each month.
- Courtesy reminder call/email will be made to remind about late/missing payments on the 8th day of the month.
- Late payment fee of $15 will be assessed after the 10th day of the month.
- If payment hasn’t been received by the 11th day, the student may not attend BASP until full payment is received.
Sullivan Middle School Before and After School
Program Rules and Behavior Policy
- Show respect and kindness to teachers, staff and fellow students at all times and always use respectful language
- Respect school property and equipment.
- Always follow instructions the first time given.
- No disruptive behavior, including bullying, horseplay, fighting (or “pretend fighting”) and inappropriate behavior
- Homework is the top priority and should be completed before freetime.
- Students that are attending the program will report directly to BASP when school is over and stay in the BASP room until released for
- Be considerate to fellow students who are doing homework.
- Help clean up. Example: Pick up any trash that you see on the floor even if it is not yours.
- All personal and valuable belongings should be kept in the student's backpack so that they will not be lost.
- Make sure to sign IN and OUT for safety and emergency purposes.
- Only those listed on the emergency contacts are allowed to pick up students.
- Failure to follow BASP policy and rules can result in student dismissal from the program.
Daily Afternoon Program Schedule- Monday-Thursday
2:45-2:50 - Students check in to BASP in Room 8. Students must check in immediately after school.
2:45-3:00 - Snack in the BASP room. Bathroom breaks with permission
3:00-3:30 - Outside time - all students and staff are outside and within sight of each other.
3:30-4:30 - Homework/Reading/Games in BASP room
4:30-5:00 - Outside time - all students and staff are outside and within sight of each other.
5:00-6:00 - Homework/Reading/Games in BASP room
Daily Afternoon Program Schedule- Early Release Fridays
1:15-1:50 - Students check in to BASP in Room 8. Students must check in immediately after school.
1:15-1:30 - Snack in the BASP room. Bathroom breaks with permission
1:30-2:00 - Outside time - all students and staff are outside and within sight of each other.
2:00-3:00 - Homework/Reading/Games in BASP room
3:00-4:00 - Outside time - all students and staff are outside and within sight of each other.
4:00-6:00 - Homework/Reading/Games in BASP room
Please connect to the link below to register for BASP. You will be able to register, complete the Concussion Form and set up online payment to secure a spot in the program. If you have further questions, please email Jannet Villareal at [email protected]
BASP Registration Link
BASP Payment Link